Monday, December 8, 2008

I Love the Holidays......and all the crap that comes with them.

The past two weeks have been very hard on my system. Not necessarily bad, or a reason for BAH HUMBUG, which I am not, but none the less very rough. It all started just over a week ago. I work two jobs now as many of you know. The mall I work at has a "Midnight Madness Sale" that actually starts about 10pm on Thanksgiving Eve. I was slated to work the first shift which I did of our Black Friday sale, so I worked from 9pm on Thanksgiving until 9am Black Friday morning. Oh I forgot to mention that was after we had to call 911 at my mom's house I Thanksgiving to take my Grandma to the doctor because she had Pancreatitis, what a mess. So on no sleep Chris picked me up at work, we ran to Toys R Us and Meijer hoping to catch a few of the Black Friday specials they were having, which we did. The back in the car, drive through for lunch, and a 5 hour drive to Ohio to visit family. We came back on Sunday, and it was a fun, much needed visit. Then comes Wednesday night. I go back to work at Crocs, where I leave around 9:30pm. I get home. Katie starts screaming in her room around 10:15pm, she has the flu. I held her all night, until about 3 when Braeden started throwing up too. finally around 4:30 in the morning they both fell asleep, me too for 30 minutes, my alarm went off at 5 to get up and get ready for work. Yay for no sleep AGAIN! LoL!!! So I went to work, hurried home to my still sick children, got them to fall asleep again, and I jumped in the shower, this time it was off to COURT. My final court date for my divorce. I am now officially single again. Crazy, it has been 10 years for this one. So, Thursday night I was exhausted, feel right asleep. Friday comes and nothing. Friday night....I GET THE FLU!!! Seriously, do I need sleep? Apparently, not. I can function without it lol. Saturday morning I get up, drag myself out of bed, and take my kids to Breakfast with Santa because I had promised them the night before and already bought the tickets. I love the holidays I really do, but I can do without Black Friday, and the cold and flu Season. So Sunday rolled around and we decided to really the Christmas spirit and have a little fun with the kids (after recovering all morning from the flu and no sleep) and we built a Gingerbread house, like we do every year. And yes, my kids do eat it! I hope it gets better from here on out, otherwise I am taking a vacation in January from my holidays!!







3 comments:

Becky Sharp said...

What bad luck! It's got to get better from here. Feel better and get some sleep!!

Amanda said...

That was a very beautiful gingerbread house! Sorry to hear about all the bad stuff going on! Good luck for the next 13 days!

Sarah Jane said...

So its official huh. You should have told me, we could have "celebrated" with a girls night or something. Call me sometime you silly girl.