Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Cast

As a mom this was truly one of the hardest days of my life. I consider myself pretty strong, but after listening to my child scream in pain as they wrapped his leg in the cast, I broke down, and cried. Everyone kept telling me how wonderful he was. I admit he was great, he screamed but did not kick or try to escape. He would try and curl into a little ball, then they would have to straighten his leg, and reposition his foot, and this caused his to scream even more. All in all he has to be in this cast for AT LEAST 8 WEEKS!!!! Please come visit me, I am going to need a break!! He cannot put any weight on his foot or leg for at weeks, so he even gets a wheelchair!!



This is his broken leg, and the swollen foot. If you ask him he will tell you his ankle is broken because that is where it hurts. Can someone explain this to me? He has a spiral fracture to his Tibia, why does his ankle hurt?


Here we have the final product. Bring you little ones over to sign it! Braeden thinks it is cool to have his friends sign his leg.

No comments: