Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tell it to me Thursday?

Well I missed my Dear Friend Chelsea's post so I am going to do it now? LoL. I wish someone had told me.....This is a scary place for me to go. See for me, not all my friends know some of the true reasons behind my separation and soon to be divorce. Many of them think most of what happened fell on my shoulders. Truth be told there are lots of skeletons in his closet as well. Ask me sometime. SO, I wish someone had taken be by the shoulders and looked me in the eye and told me that I needed to stand up for the truth, and righteousness, even if it meant going against members of my own immediate family. I know this is kind of serious, but this is a lesson I have learned the very very hard way. The church is true, people aren't and I see that more and more everyday. I should have fought harder for what I know is right. Now I know, and hold it even dearer to my heart than before.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Prairie Dawn!! Welcome to Tell it to me Tuesday. i am going to put your link on our page tellmetuesday.wordpress.com go check it out. Stef is going to post the topic for next week so go look at it so you can start thinking.

This was a good post---it's interesting the things you learn with time. I know that all that is happening isn't your fault. Maybe someday you'll have a friend who needs you to say to them what you wish someone had said to you....

So glad to have you posting again!

Stefanie said...

I'm so glad that you're part of our weekly writing group. I appreciate your candid thoughts- i think that is what is so great about these opportunities to write. We gain strength from our experiences and you my friend are getting stronger by the day :)

Sarah Jane said...

I imagine you didn't start out hoping this would be how things turned out. We never know what will come our way, but it's how we deal with them that proves who we are and what we're made of. TAke care of you right now and ignore those who are prejudging the situation. Find comfort in those who you KNOW care.